Monday, April 16, 2012

THE 1 THING

A few weeks ago in a sermon I asked you to listen for the 1 THING that God wanted to say to you. I did that because I realize that whenever I preach there a lot of "good things" said, but chances are you won't remember a lot of good things. My hope was that if you listened for the 1 thing, it would stick, and God would use it in your life.

The same is true for our Life Groups. Over the course of a session there are a lot of good things said. But my hope is that you (and each person in your group) will leave with more than a general sense that it was a "good group". I want you to end with at least 1 THING that God really spoke to you.



WHAT IS YOUR 1 THING?
You're 1 THING could have to do with:
  • You're leadership: Maybe there is an area of leadership that you really grew in, or that you want to grow in next round.
  • Your personal journey with God: A way that He challenged, encouraged, or grew you.
  • A sin to be dealt with: Did God bring up an area of sin that He's calling you to eradicate in your life.
  • A new horizon: Maybe God brought up some new area (job, family, ministry) that He wants you to develop.
Spend 15 minutes today thinking through your 1 THING, because understanding the 1 THING will help make this experience a powerful life changing one for you.

WHAT IS THEIR 1 THING?
After you've done this individually, take your group through the process in one of your last weeks. It will cement the 1 THING in their lives and will open the door for God to continue to work long after the group ends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment